Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wide Screen Monitor

• Please log in to reply

Kathyf

Kathyf

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I got a new 19" wide screen lcd monitor for an older computer and I can't seem to get the resolution adjustments correct so it doesn't look squashed or stretched... What can I do to fix this?

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
You may need to get a new video card in order to get the resolution that you need. The monitor should have listed the settings that it needs, so you need to set the display to that. I have a LCD monitor at work and the resolution was not standard and the video could not be set to what it needed, so I had to install a new video card, download the driver from the company and then all was fine.

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks... I appreciate it... I figured it would be the video card... I have several of the recommended resolution settings but they don't look right when you use them.. either squashed or stretched or WAY too big...