Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outlook 2002 Address auto fill-in

• Please log in to reply

lucas20

lucas20

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know if Outlook 2002 will automatically fill-in an address from your contacts list? TB and Express do this and it seems so cumbersome to have to open up the contacts list, find the contact, and then click to send them a message. This seems obvious, i know, but I cant find it.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click tools then options then e-mail options then advanced options to see if you have a tick for suggest names when completing

lucas20

lucas20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ya that button is clicked and still nothing....

Any ideas? This is annoying. Thanks.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click help then detect and repair to see if it picks it up, I use 2002 on a machine and it auto-completes

bookem_danneaux

bookem_danneaux

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this same problem with Outlook not auto-filling the email addresses, and after a bit more poking around on the net found this which seems to work:

http://www.outlook-t...04/20040517.htm

Good luck!