Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PDF Files(Make them anyone with experience?)

• Please log in to reply

Tom07

Tom07

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I have some files for work, I need to send to co workers through email. I want it in PDF so they can just view online.

Does anyone have pointers, and know how this works?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you are going to do this on a regular basis, I would sign up for an account at SendSpace.com. You can then email everyone from the site to download the PDF file(s). The email will provide a link for them to go to and other info pertinent to use of the site. Site also has a multi-upload function.

Try the free registration account first to see if this will fit your usage. Might remind your email recipients that the will need some form of PDF reader. There are free DL apps that are barebones and much quicker loading a PDF document.

Ron

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Great thanks.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Don't think I really answered your question, but assumed you had a PDF writer app. I should know better then to assume at my age. LOL Are you in need of a PDF writer or how to do a document into PDF with the software you have?

Ron

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
OpenOffice has built-in print to PDF functionality.
Or there's always PDF995.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
or primoPDF...it's free and so far one of the easiest PDF writers i've seen...you just print the file to primo and it makes the PDF

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I use PDFCreator from Sourceforge because when you print to it, it allows you to add additional author info before it saves it. It is also free.

Tom07

Tom07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I just went out and bought the Acrobat 8 Professional.

Does everything I need, although little complicated.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Buying Acrobat 8 Professional is effectively using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, especially as all you wanted to do was make a couple of PDF files.
But having said that, its up to you what you do.