Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express spell checker gone

• Please log in to reply

paulsiam

paulsiam

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I am running Windows XP Pro; just installed English/Thai for Office 2007. All office programsa work perfectly. But Outlook Express (6) no longer has an
english spell checker. Any suggestions on what to do to solve? It was there when using Office 2002.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Spell checking in Outlook Express uses the Office spellchecker if it is available. If there is no Office installed, there is no spellcheck.

Microsoft's Office 2007 switches Outlook Express spell-checkers to work only in French. Those disposed to communicate in other languages are being advised to use third-party programs.

Microsoft has confirmed the problem, and explains it comes about when the Office 2007 installation process removes older spell-checker files. The notice invites users to solicit advice about third-party spell-checkers on Microsoft's community forum. The new spellcheck files installed with Office 2007 do not work with Outlook Express 6.

Edited by Neil Jones, 30 August 2007 - 05:24 AM.

paulsiam

paulsiam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Yes, i was surprised to see that the language for the spell checker was FRENCH!

I found on the internet Spell checker for OE, a freeware program and it works perfectly.

Thanks for the info.

Paul