Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

amr conversion

• Please log in to reply

shambah

shambah

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok basically i got some stuff that i got recorded on my phone, i can transfer to comp and play it fine, but i want to burn it to a cd. Have tried, but unsuccessfully! My phone is a nokia 6131, i transfered it using memory card. It opens using Nokia Multimedia player (provided with phone.) The file type is an amr.

So if anyone could give me the name of some software to use, that wd be grand! Just so it is burnable onto a disc!

Cheers guys

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From the Wiki:

Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding. AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPP in October 1998 and is now widely used in GSM. It uses link adaptation to select from one of eight different bit rates based on link conditions.

AMR is also a file format for storing spoken audio using the AMR codec. Many modern mobile telephone handsets will allow you to store short recordings in the AMR format, and some commercial programs exist to convert between this and other formats such as MP3, although it should be remembered that AMR is a speech format and is unlikely to give ideal results for other audio. The common filename extension is .amr.

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hmmmmm didnt reli understand much of that lol.

I know that its not very good quality, im not trying to make propper cd's and all, its when i need to record conversations, kinda hard to explain. But yeh i got one anyway :whistling:

Cheers anyway bra