Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Neew new printer

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well we need a new printer in our house. Our old one is literally falling apart, so my dad told me to start lookin for a new one.

It needs to be a All-In-One Pritner(ie printer, scanner, fax, copier) and we have a price limit of 300 dollars.

Any good suggestions???

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Well I currently am using a Brother MFC-240C, it seems to be pretty good quality, no issues what-so-ever with installation, connectivity, drivers availability (All versions of Windows, plus Linux drivers all from the Brother website) etc... The only gripe I have is the print quality for text is average. My last all-in-one was a Canon and it was excellent, I'll definitely get a Canon again next time.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16828102008
Something like this looks pretty nice to me...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
we had a lexmark all in one for a while...and it sucked...never get a lexmark anything...they're junk

we went out and bought this guy earlier this year....it's awesome...the scanner works great, it prints really well and it wasn't that expensive...it's also a photo printer so...that's a plus...also it's got built in card readers (and a nifty "PCless" photo printing option if you use the card reader) so far i'm verry happy with it