Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help With Booting Pc

• Please log in to reply

Nasty

Nasty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I Have a Compaq Computer and all of a sudden i get this message

WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILES IS MISSING OR CORRUPT

WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM

YOU CAN ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THIS FILE BY STARTING WINDOWS SET UP USING THE ORIGINAL SET UP CD-ROM SELECT R AT THE FIRST SCREEN

Am trying to start windows all over but i know i will loose all my data but i cant even what the message tells me i try to put my cd in my pc and shut windows down the restart it again to see if it will automatically run but it dont i press F10 and i got to the Bios i fix the part where the boot setting where the following
Floppy Disk was first and the Hard Drive
I put the hard drive first but still cant do nothing can someone tell me that am doing wrong or what to do in this situation

please is not my pc is my moms and she dont even know lol

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo,
since your XP system is corrupt, you will need to do a repair with XPcd of the same type details in link below, it will not effect your data since it only reinstalls windows system files and entries, but eitherway please have your mother back up her stuff next time(my signature below is why)

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Edited by fleamailman, 31 August 2007 - 07:22 AM.