Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 XP shut down problems

• Please log in to reply

Kvan

Kvan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good day,

I am running XP on my HP Pavilion 512n. My printer is an HP psc 2210 all-in-one. After upgrading with service pack 2, the power to my computer will not shut off. The monitor remains on with the blue screen that says "computer is shutting down". I must hold in the on/off button to manually turn off the power, as well as having to manually power down the monitor. Also, if my printer is on and I shut it off while the computer is running, the computer will also shut down but the power to computer remains on. Also, if I have to leave my computer for several minutes, the monitor will go black and not come out of hibernation, although I do not believe it is in hibernation when this happens. Therefore, I must turn off both monitor and computer manually.

Best wishes and many thanks, Kvan.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Chat with their online technician first because there are a number who have problems shutting down when using an HP Printer

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...ng=en&cc=us

If they are unable to help, please post back