Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Photoshop 7.0 will not reinstall

• Please log in to reply

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
The other day I uninstalled Photoshop because it was taking up too much room on my D: and it wasn't working properly. I want to put it on my external hard drive but every time I try to reinstall it, I hit the install button and it freezes up for a few minutes then does nothing.

I'm extremely desperate to get this working because I have a tattoo design commission that's due next week! HELP!
:whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most programs don't install to external drive never mind work from them. Not generally recommended anyway.
Free up space on the main drive and install Photoshop there.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I agree, not many installations will work on an external drive... If you can get it on that primary drive, you're better off.

Is Photoshop on a CD, or did you download it?

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Hi! I downloaded it after the CD wasn't working; but now I've got it installed and working on my external just fine from the CD. For future reference I made the mistake of clicking Autoplay instead of going into the Photoshop folder and clicking Setup.

Now I need to figure out how to reinstall my Photosmart 3100 driver and software. Weeee

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Glad you were able to fix the problem :whistling:

It's rare to see installations like that work (from what I've seen anyway), but if that works for you, keep it up!