Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Offical Computer Build setup

• Please log in to reply

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Here at the links:

GeForce 8800 GTS GPU
Antec Nine Hundred Case
mushkin ATX12V 650W PSU
Western Digital 250GB HDD
E6300 CPU (this will be overclocked to 3.06GHz)
OCZ Platinum 2GB RAM
Monitor
Super AllWrite Optical Drive

(plus some other things)

Total: 1600 USD(its those little extras)

Edited by Lord Omega, 01 September 2007 - 10:46 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I recommend getting the E6320. It is the same CPU as the E6300 only it has an larger L2 cache and is actually a couple bucks cheaper. You have not picked out a board to put all your componants in.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
While that case should provide good cooling with the room, make sure you do cool that CPU well. I recommend this one.

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Oh, here is the MoBo

Also, I already had a HS picked, here it is: Ultra 120

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Those Ultra 120s are supossed to be the most efficent but I hear they can give you a bit of trouble in installation. I remeber reading something about needing to attach a 80mm fan to the side of them. If you want to keep SLI as an option for later then you might want to look at getting a different PSU. The only thing that I would change is the 6300 to a 6320 like I said before. I'm sure you will enjoy the build :whistling:.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes that's right, you have to put a 120mm fan on them, it says in the specifications tab of newegg. Looks like it will be a nice build!

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
just a warning, that motherboard is really hard to get all the CPU fan hooks in

Lord Omega

Lord Omega

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Those Ultra 120s are supossed to be the most efficent but I hear they can give you a bit of trouble in installation. I remeber reading something about needing to attach a 80mm fan to the side of them. If you want to keep SLI as an option for later then you might want to look at getting a different PSU. The only thing that I would change is the 6300 to a 6320 like I said before. I'm sure you will enjoy the build :whistling:.

Yes I will. I also am going to try and find a cheaper monitor... I want a comp below 1400... but this is 1600