Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 6100 please help

• Please log in to reply

Jb06

Jb06

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys I am having some problems playing movies and was wondering if someone could help. When i play a movie there is only a black screen with sound. I can go and change hardware acceleration then i see something, but the image is still very distorted and not like the dvd quality or size it should be.
cheers,

Josh

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I don't think it is the video card. It is probably a software issue.

PS: Welcome to Geeks to Go. :whistling:

Edited by jackflash1991, 31 August 2007 - 11:12 PM.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
try going to the webpage link below and download one of the K-Lite codec packs and install it. that should fix your problem.

K-Lite codec pack download page

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi Jb06,
Welcome to Geekstogo.
What software are you trying to view your movies? Is this a video from DVD or something saved onto your computer (if so what file format)?
First, try updating the software you are using.

Jb06

Jb06

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have various amounts of players and codecs. They all used to work fine until i just recently got my motherboard replaced. It's an integrated graphics card too. I also reinstalled the drivers and that didnt help. I am thinking it might be a setting i can change. Thanks for the help

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I have various amounts of players and codecs

Your computer may be confused, try uninstalling all but one and try again. I personally use k-lite, it works very good.