Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 Student and Teacher edition

• Please log in to reply

EireSpirit

EireSpirit

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the "send to mail recipient" function within Word (Office 2007 Student and Teacher Ed.) I was able to edit the registry and win.ini, so I could send a Office documents as attachments, but I haven't been able to get the "Send to Mail Recipient" feature to work.

As to exactly what happens, well, I prepare my document, and click the "Send to Mail Recipient" icon I added to my Quick Access Toolbar. Then, I put in recipient names and subject. When I click "Send a Copy," a box comes up with the message "Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then, it goes on to say my info might be lost, tell MS about the problem, yada, yada, yada.

My OS in Windows XP, and I use Outlook Express (I don't want to use Outlook). Are there any fixes to this problem? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
EireSpirit

:whistling:

Advertisements

EireSpirit

EireSpirit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
From Microsoft via email:

From your problem description, I understand that you need to send body of mail from Word 2007 using Outlook Express with the Send to Mail Recipient option available in more commands.

I understand the need and requirement for sending body of mail after working on the same in word 2007 but please understand Word 2007 will only allow this function with Outlook 2007. The send to mail recipient option is designed for Outlook 2007 and in some cases compatible with Outlook 2003 and hence Word 2007 crashes when clicked on the option as it tries to search for Outlook 2007 which must be set as default for this function to work. The file format is different and hence you can only send the document as attachment from Outlook Express and not as body.

I thought I'd pass the info along for others who might be having the same problem. I guess those of us who still use OE are persona nongrata when it comes to MS.

EireSpirit

:whistling: