Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Reader 8.1

• Please log in to reply

hakanwenn

hakanwenn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After an apperently successful installation of Adobe Reader 8.1, the license agreement appears when I start the program for the first time. When I click on the Accept button nothing happens. Same thing with the other buttons, cancel, print, save and the select language drop down menu. All the buttons seem to react when I click on them but nothing happens, and I can chose a diffent language but the language does not change.

The only way to proceed is by closing the window by pressing the "X" (close) button. Then I get the following message: The License Agreement was not accepted. The application will now quit.

To be able to open PDF files I have to uninstall Reader 8.1 and reinstall Reader 7, which was removed by the Adobe Reader 8 installer.

I would much appreciate some help on this.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall Adobe Reader 7 yourself, don't let Adobe 8 "upgrade" it.

hakanwenn

hakanwenn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just tried to uninstall Adobe Reader myself, but when I then installed Adobe Reader 8, same thing as earlier happened. Nothing happened when I tried to accept the License Agreement.

Any other suggestions?