Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Pictureit problem on vista

• Please log in to reply

dollyd4

dollyd4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi all, (I hope I have posted this in the correct section).

I read these help pages as I could not get Microsoft pictureit onto my new comp. (Windows Vista) Someone else who had a similar problem, was advised to go to support and help and run compatible wizard. I done this hoping it would work for me. It did to a point, I now have pictureit on my computer. The problem now, is that I can not use the progamme. I can not pull pictures into it, or use any of it's features. It seems part of the programme is missing. When I try to pull images from my comp into picture it, I am told the programme has stopped working and will shut down. Anyone got any solutions?? As I am at a complete loss and rely on this programme alot. I have been told by PC world that at the moment there are no other progammes I can buy for vista that does the same job as Pictureit. :whistling:
Any and all help greatfully received. :blink:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What version of Pictureit are you running?

The only versions of Pictureit that run on Vista are Pictureit 99 and Pictureit 2000. The 2001 version does not work on Vista.

dollyd4

dollyd4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Aahh that's the version I am using (2001). Oh dear, better look for a new programme then. Many thanks for your reply and help. But have you heard of the following and if it is any good?? (Magix - Xtreme Photo & Graphic Designer) Found it in a search result and it says its compatible with vista. Don't want something that's too complicated to use.

Many thanks again for any help. :whistling: