Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

word and excel 2002 alter the computers function

• Please log in to reply

h_romo

h_romo

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:tazz: I have windows XP and when i run word or excel 2002 my computer becames too slow; mi computer is ENCOURAGED. Already i have runned the symantec antiviral, i have runned the spybot and i have erased the results, already I released space. could you help me please?

Advertisements

LapeerTech

LapeerTech

• Pip
  • 6 posts

:tazz: I have windows XP and when i run word or excel 2002 my computer becames too slow; mi computer is ENCOURAGED. Already i have runned the symantec antiviral, i have runned the spybot and i have erased the results, already I released space. could you help me please?

View Post

What processor / memory do you have. Is this a generic problem with all programs you are running? As you start the programs, do you hear / see a lot of hard disk usage (thrashing from too little memory - 512 meg is almost the minimum for today). How much memory is being used. Check the Windows Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and check the performance tab. Does the Available Physical Memory appear very small, Page File Usage History varying / getting large? All symptoms of too little memory.
How many processes are running. At the bottom of the Windows Task Manager it shows the number of executing processes and CPU Usage.

Need data to help here.
Tony

h_romo

h_romo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Pentium 4 2.66 GHz. Appears 224 Mb in RAM (but i think that the right number is 256 Mb). It is not a generic problem with all programs that I am running, only when i am running only the office programs. It Is using the 14% of the memory (5.32 out of 37.2 Gb). Total Physical memory (KB) 228848, AVAILABLE 71600 CACHE SYSTEM 118560.
37 process and CPU usage 100%
thank you again