Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Macro Problems between Excel 2003 & 2000

• Please log in to reply

LapeerTech

LapeerTech

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but I searched to no avail (in this forum, many others, microsoft, ...)

I have users in both Excel 2003 and 2000 (in the midst of upgrading all users). A developer upgraded his version to 2003. The application makes heavy use of macros and uses the Object Libraries. When the developer saves the file, it upgrades the references to Office 11.0 Object Library. When the users in Excel 2000 open the file and the macros execute, it cannot find that library (uses 9.0 Object Libary) and the application exits.

While it would be possible to have the developer go back to office 2000, this is the third time I've been asked to address this problem. The company I am working with has 40,000 pc's and the migration from Office 2000 to Office 2003 will take some time.

Is there any solution that can be placed in a macro to ensure the right library is referenced? The solution of having the users change the reference manually is not acceptable. (Some users barely can open the file, let alone go into VBA, Tools, References and sort through all the selections!)
Thank you for any assistance, hints or guesses you can send my way,
Tony

Advertisements

rkrickler

rkrickler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Did you ever get this resolved? If so what was the fix?

Thanks,

Roger

I_am_MAD_Alice

I_am_MAD_Alice

• Pip
  • 6 posts
XL2000: How to Run a WordBasic Macro from a Microsoft Excel Macro
XL2000: How to Use DAO to Create a New Microsoft Excel Workbook
XL2000: "Can't Find Project or Library" When You Run a Macro

I hope this helps, or gets you in the right direction.

LapeerTech

LapeerTech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Roger - Solution:
There is an option when you use <Save As> that allows you to save in a dual mode format. File type is [Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook (*.xls)]. Makes the file a bit larger, but keeps enough reference details for the macros to work.

Thanks for the try I_am_MAD_Alice. However those do not fix the problem.

Tony

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
u want the fuile to reference to the referneces thru code?