Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geforce 7950 AGP

• Please log in to reply

darko2021

darko2021

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I am looking at this card to buy and was wondering what the PSU requirements are for the AGP version.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I don't know and can't seem to find the clear answer of a major difference.

If you can't find a difference then use eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5, here: http://www.extreme.o...ucalculator.jsp

I have a feeling that they are the same though.

Edited by jackflash1991, 02 September 2007 - 12:27 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Can you give me a link to the exact card your planning on buying these are a few difference versions of this card.
Also, there won't be a difference between the PCIe and AGP versions, it's just a different BUS, everything else is the same.
James

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I was thinking about getting the XFX GeForce 7950 GT Video Card. What would you all recommend? Here is my psu specs. I have an Enermax ATX 12v ver. 1.3 My Ac Input is 115v/230v~50hz-60hz, 10a/7a. My DC output shows two rows of info the first row is +3.3v +5v +12v -5v -12v +5vsb +3.3v. The second row is as follows and corresponds with the first row in order- 35a 35a 33a 1a 1a 2.2a 5v(this 5v then has a 200w under it) total- 460w. This PSU is running on my ABIT AV8 Motherboard(I am not sure about the rails but I think I have 2), I have 2 Hdrives, a AMD athlon64 +4000, 2 small fans Inside the case(not including the 2 psu fans), 1 big fan in the back, 1 wireless network access point (hooked up via USB), 2 duel layer DVD drives, 1 floppy drive, and I think thats about it except for a couple LED lights. Could one of you enter this info into the Power supply calculator for me? I'm not sure what some of the specs. mean.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Can you confirm that your PSU does infact say 33A under the 12V rail, the card only requires 20amps, so if this is the case your good to go.
James

darko2021

darko2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Yes I just checked and that is what it says. so anything under 33 amps and I should be ok?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yes, your PSU doesn't have that many Watts, but considering you bought a better brand name PSU you should be good.
James