Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trying again

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GEORGE111

GEORGE111

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm trying again! I have already asked this question but somebody named wanabe 1 or something answered it but the reply had nothing to do with my question!
I tried a product called spy detector and it sayed I have a registry file spyware at (machine/system/current control set/services/iprip
Also machine/system/current control set/enum/root/legacy
are these spyware or something and how do I detect them and get rid of them?
Please only reply if you know what your talking about! I apreciate the help but it gets fustrating because if someone replies no one else will.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi George111.

Indeed wannabe1 answered your question here. It is against Geeks to Go Terms of Use to provide any malware assistance outside the Malware forum. Please follow the instructions provided by wananbe1.

This topic will be closed.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

I'm trying again! I have already asked this question but somebody named wanabe 1 or something answered it but the reply had nothing to do with my question!

It has everything to do with your question

As Linda said your question was answered you have a program thats trying to goad you into purchasing it without seeing a HJT log and allowing one of the malware staff to have a look not much else can be done.
Based on the title of the previous topic " malware or what?, registry" you have a feeling its a malware issue so it would be best suited to start a topic in the malware forum.

This topic is closed