Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows XP loading problem

• Please log in to reply

aznpolaris619

aznpolaris619

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Would someone please help me out with this problem I have with loading windows xp. My computer was fine in the morning but I opened my computer up a couple of hours later and then when I tried to load windows with my own saved files a window popped up and said "it can't be loaded because of insufficient security rights or error with a certain file" and now I have to use the temporary default windows which I can't save anything in. Could anyone please tell me how to fix this problem and get my files back, this is a SERIOUS EMERGENCY. Thank you

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How to take ownership of files and folders in XP:
http://support.micro...p;Product=winxp
Johanna

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
What i think is you have only one user created on your system and you have removed it from member of list.I would suggest you to log in to your win Xp using safemode go to start>settings>controlpanel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management
In computermanagement snapin select
Localusers and groups>users
Then select the username that Win XP is not allowing to open. Right click the user and go for properties.
In properties click on tab Memberoff.
Then click on Add button then a popup opens.It says enter the object name to select
Type Administratiors in the text box and press ok button.
Then restart your system.
Hope your prob get solved.