Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Display Problem

• Please log in to reply

ThunderOcean

ThunderOcean

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have just started to get a Display Panel appearing in the top left corner of all Screens/Windows. It is 'always on top'. I cannot capture it by 'Ctrl+C' or by 'Alt+Prt Scr' so I cannot include an Image of it as as an Attachment by pasting it into a Document.

It is a small 2 Line Box with a Royal Blue Background which states "FV0.01 3800 21"on Line 1 and " CMO M170E5" on Line 2". The "F" in Line 1 has a Scarlet Background. I think that it is a Display Panel which provides information about the LCD Panel however, I do not know and I am probably well wide of the mark. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what it is and how I can 'hide' it.

If you require any more information about this, please do not hesitate to ask me however, please be very specific about what you want and let me know where I can find it as I would not describe myself as technical by any stretch of the imagination.

ThunderOcean

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm sure you are right about the Display Panel (info on your model). Do you have a systray Icon (lower right in task bar)? It may have a way to open up the Preferences/Options to turn off the CP showing at all times. If not, you may find it if you right-click your Desktop, chose properties and then the Settings tab. May have to select the Advance button to get to more tabs which may have the Options tab for your display. Do you have the instructions manual or cd for your display? may have instructions on how to turn this off via the display's menu function.

You should be able to use Print Screen. Open up Paint program, press Print Screen key with window you want to capture showing. Then in Paint, right-click in Paint's window and click paste.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 03 September 2007 - 01:00 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
another way is FSCAPTURE..

FastStone Capture is a powerful, flexible and intuitive screen-capture utility. It allows you to capture anything on the screen including windows, objects, full screen, rectangle regions, freehand-selected regions and scrolling windows/web pages. It has innovative features such as a floating Capture Panel, hotkeys, resizing, cropping, text annotation, printing, e-mailing, screen magnifier and many more...

read about it and screenshots here...

get the free version here

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Says FastStone Capture is a 30 day trial. Print Screen works well enough without having to install any other software.

Ron

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the SECOND link is for the free version...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That's the one and only one I clicked:
* License:Free to try; $19.95 to buy
# Limitations: 30-day trial
# Date Added:July 10, 2007

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 03 September 2007 - 10:22 AM.

ThunderOcean

ThunderOcean

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
This problem has disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Hopefully, it is gone for good. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. Fortunately, I did not have to do anything.

ThunderOcean

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry ...they changed that link to the trial version...

the free version is here...get version 5.3

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

This problem has disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Hopefully, it is gone for good. Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. Fortunately, I did not have to do anything.

ThunderOcean

LOL Amazing what happens on PCs nowadays. Glad it's gone, but post back here if it shows up or try suggestions I posted. There is plenty of help on this forum and someone will no doubt come up with a solution that works. Thank you for using GTG.

Ron