Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Second hdd query

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I have two hard drives one obviously has all my software on (C:), I use the other for saving my home movies/photos on (F:). I use Pinnacle, what I want to know is can I transfer all the software i.e. Pinnacle onto the second hdd (F:)rather than having it on my master hdd (C:). When I installed the software it automatically saved itself on C: can I save it on F: and any suggestion as to how I can do this? When I save my home movies whilst I am editing them I save them onto F: but it still save files with transitions in onto C:

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No, not without reinstalling them.

At that point, the setup routine should provide you with an opportunity to pick your directory, but you cannot simply move the directory from c to e.