Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe error "The Domain Does Not Exist"

• Please log in to reply

SenseiWolf

SenseiWolf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem with my desktop. I've seen similar threads, but I have yet to find one with a solution that has worked. I'm trying to avoid a complete re-install, to minimize any possibility of data loss, as it is a business computer. The error occurs directly prior to the login screen for windows xp. Selecting "OK" restarts the computer and creates an endless cycle. I cannot do a recovery, or get into any of the safe mode options, as it only does the same thing. Does anyone have any clue how to fix this without 86ing the whole bloody OS?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

~~Andrew

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Can you boot into safe mode?
Johanna

SenseiWolf

SenseiWolf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Unfortunately not, or I else I would be able to stop it from looping and diagnose it. Hence the source of my frustration. The only two screens that I seem to be able to access are the boot menu (boot to safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known configuration, etc.), which none of it works, and the set-up menu. I've tried anything everything I know, so I am out of ideas, short of backing everything up and formating, which I'm hesitant to do, due to potential data loss. Any ideas?

Thanks,
~~Andrew