Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loud Computer Rattleing/Buzzing Noise

• Please log in to reply

madskrillz13

madskrillz13

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi, I have a DeLL Dimension 3000 and when you first turn it on, it runs pretty quiet, but after about 10-15 mins it starts to Buzz/Rattle and it gets pretty loud...loud enough to wear we have turn the T.V. volume up..lol..and we've tryed to clean it best we could...the fan and all...but didnt help it too much. And i guess my question is, does anyone here know how to quite it down or maybe others had this problem and what they did...help would be greatly appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is most likely electrical interference.
Does it go away if you wiggle the power connector a little bit, or is the buzzing not coming from there?

Do of course take the side off the case and check there aren't any trapped flies or wasps inside the case. I've seen spiders get inside that are bigger than a common housefly and build webs too.

madskrillz13

madskrillz13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
well we tried to take the side panel off...we got the plastic casing off, but the main computer part was all major locked down and i didnt want to frig something up by jus prying stuff...but if u you shake the harddrive it quiets down, but when u set it back on its bottom, it goes back to it...and i tried moving the cord, and that didnt do anything, also i've proped it up on its side and sometimes it quites down alot, other times none at all...