Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open MS Office

• Please log in to reply

Richgeek

Richgeek

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had some problems with spyware so I used a number of spyware and registry cleaner programs that fixed the problems.

However, now I can't open any word documents (or any of the other components of MS Office XP) nor can I open them from the start menu.

If I try to open a Word document, for example, I get " The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it"

If I try to open Word, Excel, or any other office program from the start menu, I get an error box saying something about the CD Rom or a file called ProSource.

I tried reinstalling/repairing office from the program CD-no help. I triede uninstalling Office completely and reinstalling it from the CD-no help.

I looked in the Program folder and made shortcuts of all the office programs that I found there, and they all open fine. The only way I can open any existing office files is to drag thm ontop of the shortcut for the program.

Please help.

Thanks, Rich

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start > run, type
winword.exe /r
enter

do you get the same error?