Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Organize favourites by date in IE6?

• Please log in to reply

PGH

PGH

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, unfortunately whilst editing my favo(u)rites in IE6 I have got them all arranged by name instead of by date modified - how they were before and how I want them, with the latest added ones at the bottom and the oldest at the top.

The solution seems simple (to open favourites from C\Docs. and Settings\My Name \ Favourites and then to use Arrange Icons by \ Modified) but when I do this the icons get arranged in the right order in the folder but on the drop down menu in IE they remain in alphabetical order. Is there any way to restore them to how they were and is it possible for such changes made in the favourites folder on the C drive to show up on the IE drop down menu?

Many thanks :whistling:

Edited by PGH, 04 September 2007 - 05:14 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I don't think it's possible to get them to appear in that order in IE. If you right click the favorites list all you are offered is "Sort by Name", which suggests that once the chronological sort order has been lost through editing or whatever, there's no going back.

PGH

PGH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
:whistling: I see what you mean about the sort by name only option. Thanks anway.

I suppose a lengthy way to restore them would be to sort them by date in the C \ documents and settings ... etc. folder, move them out of that folder and then to open each page starting with the oldest and then re-adding each to favourites so they would appear in the same chronological order on the drop down...

Edited by PGH, 04 September 2007 - 01:27 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can drag and drop favourites in Internet Explorer's Favourites menu in the same way you can do it with the Start Menu. Just rearrange them as you want.