Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PAGE FAULT IN A NON PAGED AREA

• Please log in to reply

paolopalmeri

paolopalmeri

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,
unfortunately I am not a geek with computers. My laptop is driving me mad....
I get a blue screen, saying: PAGE FAULT IN A NONPAGED AREA. Used F8, and I worked in Safe Mode.
I checked in the error log, and it is saying: DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server.....
The error code is: 10005
I tried to restore it to an earlier date, but it didn't work. I did run a disk check twice, and it didnt work....
Tried also: Last Known Configuration...., but nothing!
Please help!!!
I'll give u now a detail of all the error logs, in order of appearance:

1) Source: DCOM, Event ID: 10005, Description: DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

2) Same as above

3) Same as above, but with different is the code in brackets: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

4) Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7001, Description: The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

5) Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7001, Description: The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

And so on....

Please help!!!

Edited by paolopalmeri, 04 September 2007 - 07:33 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The "page fault in non-paged area" is one of the commonest blue-screen errors and can be caused by just about anything, so finding the culprit is not at all easy. because of this it is usually recommended that you back up all your files and re-install Windows.