Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Serial modem won't work on Dell D600

• Please log in to reply

dmcbass

dmcbass

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I have a Dell Latitude D600 and I am using a Diamond Supra Express SUP2730 serial modem. It used to work perfectly but now I won't dial. It keeps saying waiting for modem's attention or initializing modem. I run the diagnostics in Control Panel and ti communicates perfectly but when I try to dial, the error messages.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Well since these dial-up modems don't cost much these days, your quickest and easiest route to troubleshooting this problem is, I think, to borrow or even buy a working modem, install it's software and see if it works. Chances are it will because I suspect your Diamond modem is faulty. That has to be the most sensible option to try first, because you could otherwise spend days trying to sort out what's wrong, which is time wasted if my hunch is right. If the borrowed one gives the same problem then by all means start investigating elsewhere.

dmcbass

dmcbass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I will do that. Thanks mate.