Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero - LightScribe Drive

• Please log in to reply

Woch2331

Woch2331

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I've installed a Samsung SH-S182M LightScribe on my Windows XP Pro System (HP a1010n). I've updated the driver but I still don't have the LightScribe option when I open Nero Cover Designer. I go to File > Preferences > LightScribe and I'm unable to add the Default LightScribe drive. I must be missing something. Any help?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which version of Nero is it? Nero 7 should be talking to it automatically, Nero 6 needs to be version 6.6.0.8 or later.

Woch2331

Woch2331

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Nero Burning ROM v7.7.5.1

When I look at Recorder > Choose Recorder the TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M device is selected. But, Nero Cover Designer still doesn't recognize it. Nero? or the DVD drive? Any other software option I could try to see if the LightScribe drive works properly?

Thanks!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Might need a system update:
http://www.nero.com/...nt_Updates.html

Woch2331

Woch2331

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Update? I hate doing Nero updates... something always goes wrong. :whistling:

Woch2331

Woch2331

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
OK, I did the update.

Nero Cover Designer still does not recognize the LightScribe drive. I opened LightScribe Simple Labeler and it worked great!. So, there must be a Nero 'issue' that needs to be resolved.

Any other software out there that prints graphics to the LightScribe drive?