Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Readon X800 graphics problem

• Please log in to reply

IceTear

IceTear

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Well until about 1 month ago I had no problems at all, however recently when playing games (WoW alot and a couple of times on CSS) I have been getting either:
1) Error message: VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands
2) Black screen - computer locked up
3) Computer locks up - "No Signal"

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, updating and backdating a few version (I friend mentioned using a driver cleaner after unistalling however im not sure if this will help). Contacted ATI and got the usual - Update/re-install your drivers ¬¬ Any ideas on what is casuing the problem or how to fix it? =/

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well there is always the possiblity of heat... is the heatsink/fan working? Clogged with dust? Is the card seated well? Does it require auxilary power?