Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag when charging laptop?

• Please log in to reply

Kaotic Kaos

Kaotic Kaos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This has happened before. When i plug my laptop in, it becomes very laggy, and when i let it run on its battery, it runs perfect. What could be some causes for this and some solutions i could try.

My theory is I live in a trailer park, so could it be caused by people near me sucking up power and it not getting as much as it needs, so it maintains a charge just enough for it not to go decrease any, therefore the computer uses less resources than its potential to save the battery.

(Just a thought)

Advertisements

sgtfuzz

sgtfuzz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Its not a neighborhood power issue. This problem could be caused by letting the computer run on its battery till its about dead then plugging in to charge the battery while surfing the net, word processing, streaming videos, or whatever you do on your laptop could cause this to happen. This could cause the laptop to slow down. I for one only use the battery when i only have no available outlet. A possible solution for this you could right click on my computer, goto advanced, goto performance settings and selecting Adjust for best Possible Preformance. This will divert system ressources the would normally be used for graphics and sound and use them for processing. Just make sure when your battery is fully charged that you set it back to let windows choose the best possible choice.