Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PUNKBUSTER WONT ENABLE IN ENEMY TERRITORY

• Please log in to reply

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
yesterday my ET did not start up. so i unstalled and reinstalled it but when i come to the profile screen and try to enable punkbuster the game gets stuck and does not respond. so i downloaded a fresh installation off download.com and deleted and reinstalled ET again but sadly punkbuster still doesn't enable and the game gets stuck when i do it. i scanned my comp and im pretty sure there are no viruses and spyware and i even cleaned up the registry using ccleaner.

i even tried to enable punkbuster by typing pb_cl_enable in the console but da game got stuck pls help

thanx

Edited by spoon007, 06 September 2007 - 04:23 AM.

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
First thing I would do is download PB off their website and install/update it and see if that helps the issue.

http://www.punkbuste...=support-et.php

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
which one should i download im using win xp. there are so many downlaod things in that website and should i delete that PB folder and dowload a new one?

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
wait im going to delete ET install it again and do wat u said. cos i messed it up a little. then ill dowload the update

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Go here

http://www.punkbuste...age=pbsetup.php

About middle of the page you'll see pbsetup.exe, get the one for windows.

For best results, users should create a folder on the hard drive to hold PBSetup and the various files that it will create and use during operation. PBSetup should be downloaded directly into the folder or moved into the folder after downloading to the desktop but before running PBSetup for the first time. The easiest way to create a folder is to "right click" on the desktop and choose New|Folder from the pop-up menu and then type in a folder name such as PBSetup and press the Enter key.

Click the "Add a Game" button to bring up the game selection screen. Use the dropdown menu to select a game. In most cases, PBSetup will then auto-detect the path to the appropriate PB folder. If not, use the browse button to tell PBSetup where the game is installed on the computer.

After one or more games have been added, click on the "Check for Updates" button to have PBSetup check for new updates, install PB, and/or repair PB files that may be missing or corrupted.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well, if it's an issue with the PB files this should help. It'll only take five minutes so its worth giving a quick try. If you still have the same problem just post again. Someone else, probably Starjax, will get with you. I'm about to head to work and won't have access to a computer :whistling:

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey i tried wat u said earlier and downloading the PBsetup into the PBsetup folder in the PB folder in my game. but when i tried to start it it gave an error and said "only a part of readprocessmemory and writeprocessmemory request was completed" wat happening. i dont think that download works.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
i think i know wats happening finally. my friend told me he downloaded a ET from download.com and it didn't work at all. the ET copy on download.com is horrible, so my friend told me to download it from another site. i think its mainly a corrupt installation file. thanks for the help man.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well I hope the next site you get it from isn't corrupt. It sucks you had to get a corrupt one in the first place.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
yeah man. hey thanx for the help though, sorry for troubling u. :blink: hehe stupid download.com. and hey heres a warning to all the people downloading games from. download.com has corrupt installations downloading games from that site will just waste your time and money. bcos theres a 90 percent chance that it might not work. although im not sure about the applications. :whistling: