Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD Camcorder and Final Cut Pro! Need help ASAP!

• Please log in to reply

mertmctubby

mertmctubby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am really hoping someone can help me ASAP! So any advice you have will help me a ton.

I just recently got a JVC HD Everio GZ-HD7 camcorder, and am having problems getting my footage into Final Cut Pro 5. I have been able to just drag the video from the camera (which is a hard drive camera) straight into FCP, but the format is a TOD. format, so in the editting view finder, the footage looks horrible, then after moving it on to the timeline it looks a lot better, but only after I render it. I have tried using programs to convert the TOD format into other formats, and I still have the same problem. I am able to get them into FCP, and only after rendering them, they look decent, but this is a High Def. camera, I shouldn't only be getting decent footage, I should be getting High Def footage.

So I guess really my question is, is there any way to import my files from my camera straight into FCP, such as using the log and capture option. I just really want the high def qaulity that I paid for. OR also, is there any way that I can get my footage into FCP without having to render it before even working on it, just so that I can have decent footage. With my old camera I simply imported the footage, which was great footage when I imported it, I didn't have to render it first just to be able to see it clearly.

I need help ASAP!!! So any advice will be great!

Much thanks in advance,
Jennifer

Advertisements