Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frequent crashes

• Please log in to reply

james_c

james_c

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ive had this computer for almosy a year now (mesh desktop xp media centre) and had quite few problems. However recently ive started experiencing crashes accompanied by a blue screen saying

Kernel_data_inpage_error

***stop: 0x00000077 (0xc000000e, 0x000000e, 0x00000000, 0x01247000

ive had a similar or possibly identical problem before but very rarely and it caused me no problems. However i have just decided to try playing a game on it (LOTR battle for middle earth 2 if it matters) and it will lock up almost as soon as a game begins. This happens most often is a lot of things are happening on screen, even though my spec. exceeds those the game asks for.

Thanks in advance
if more information is needed please say so

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi james_c...

The stop code isn't giving us a lot to go on. My first suspicion is bad RAM, so let's check that first. Download the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and create the disk as outlined on the download page. Boot the machine to this disk and let it run the test for about an hour. Any Failures will indicate a bad RAM module and the likely problem. If it passes all the tests, we may be looking at a Hard Drive trying to fail.

wannabe1