Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove and reinstall Office how to save our files?

• Please log in to reply

peacerosetx

peacerosetx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys hope everyone is well out there. Listen have problem with computer and need to do an add/remove to get rid of Office Professional 2000 then I will reinstall it. The problem is I have a lot of Outlook files, Word Files, Excel files etc...I am a newbie and feel embarrassed to ask do I have to save these files in a special way so that they are not lost when I remove Office 2000? I need to make sure they'll appear after we re-install Office 2000?

Thanks a bunch I am real scarred about loosing THE OutLook Addresses and Emails in the Outbox and the SENT box. This is what I am most confused about, I don't even know which files they are located in for OUTLOOK in order to save these email contact do you know?

Thanks a bunch :whistling:

Peace.

trusting in the Lord

Advertisements

Christine L

Christine L

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Almost everything in Outlook stored in .pst file, search out all .pst file from your hard drive (Normally under C:\Documents and Settings\***username***\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\, copy them to another place said another partition, Excel, Word and Powerpoint files should no need to backup, import the backed up .pst file to Outlook after reinstall. Kindly ask if still not clear.

peacerosetx

peacerosetx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you Christine I'll attack the project over the weekend and keep you posted. Thanks at least I know it can be done that is a God send.

I just checked out the file you suggested I am confused I have over 2000 emails in my inbox alone but yet there is less than 100 kb total in all the Outlook folder you suggested i go to. Is this the place that stores my inbox emails and all other emails and contacts? the name of the files are:

outcmd
outprnt
several settings
and one extend

Oh I just read again that you said the .pst file I'll have to search more for that one

Thanks

Peace.

trusting in the Lord

Edited by peacerosetx, 06 September 2007 - 10:02 PM.