Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

I need help converting other formats to avi

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
the first thing I like to mention is that please
'Do not tell me that if u convert anything u loose quality, I've heard this a million times',
the reason Its NOT true is I have several copies of avi movies with the same movies as a DVD copy.

I have had many people telling me "they can NOT tell the difference , between the avi one & the dvd one.

So there , lossles quality.

Now the problem I am having is , that I am trying to do a conversion myself, but always notice extra noise being added
after the conversion is complete.
These are the methods I tried.-
* setting avi divx compressor to full quality with no compression when converting other formats into avi-
result- extra noise.

* converting any format back into DVD, VOB,
result- extra noise
? what other settings can I try to create losless conversions ?

I am happy if I could turn any format into DVD, VOB without receiving extra noise.
Please do Not ask me ,what do I mean by noise. If u dont know what noise is look it up on google.

Edited by auto7890, 06 September 2007 - 06:38 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Super

There is an auto DVD setting, or you can play around with the audio settings

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I'm not sure if this helps, but I've found a really good software called Nero.

www.nero.com We use it where i work, its great. Look into it, I'm not sure if it converts for you, but it does almost anything.

Hopes this helps,