Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pentium 4 3.6 Down Clock?

• Please log in to reply

Keaach

Keaach

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello, I have a problem with my computer and I believe it is the CPU.. I have a Pentium 4 3.6 and the CPU will jump and stay at high levels of CPU memory usage. The power supply fan will then kick in and is obviously at its fastest speed because its pretty loud. Close to half an hour of using an application the temperature of the room that the computer is in will increase dramaticaly. Which is really weird considering I have central air and its hot in this room.

Advertisements

sgtfuzz

sgtfuzz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Without not know what kind of computer you have i will first check your bios and look at the core tempature of your cpu. There are also programs on the internet you could download that will monitor your cpu's tempature. If your cpu is straight from the box then overclocking is not the issue its a heating issue. In that case maybe you would want to invest in getting a new fan for your pc. If you have any friends or relatives or if there is a repiable computer shop you can contact to help you install your fan properly and to look at your cpu to make sure it is inserted properly and maybe add some thermal grease to your processor.

Keaach

Keaach

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright thanks ill look at it more indepth. Ciao