Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphics errors... new card :\ ATI radeon x1650

• Please log in to reply

epics

epics

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
It's me again, another god [bleep] card problem ><!!!!!!! ive pretty much become extremely aggravated with computer parts shopping, i dont know why things are sold when they obviously dont work... I'm getting graphic errors in my games, mainly due to lightings around things, and some random graphics that change as i move. I'll post some examples below. I'm not sure whats going on but it pretty much happens as soon as i enter the game

Game: Final Fantasy XI online.
Card: ATI Radeon X1650
drivers: Tried most updated / omega. same problems..
Monitor: HP v.s 17e 17 flat panel LCD monitor
pc: HP invent media center PC m7590n
power source is enough to run the card.

The silver part in the 3rd picture should not be there, the water simply should not look like that at All. and the first one is just the square images i get with my graphics card that involve many things, mainly fogs... stuff like that.
could anyone atleast be able to tell me the type of graphic errors im getting? i dont even know what to call this to try to google more solutions ><.
if you need any more info please ask, and ill respond as soon as possible. im at the point of returning this to Newegg.com somehow, ive nvr had to return something i buy online (because i rarely buy online) for this reason. difficult to return ><.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
It seems just like a glitch in the game. All games have them. The glitches that you are experiencing seem a little worse then usual but I don't think you need to buy a new card. Try reinstalling the game then updating any drivers for the video card and update your OS. Search to see if anyone else is having the same kind of glitches. And if all of that fails then try taking off the side of your case and blowing a house fan into it to see if you are overheating.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Well, i opened the side and have 2 mini fans blowing into it to keep it cool, ive tried to find other ppl with my cards but they said it all worked fine. One guy had it in his REVIEW on the website i bought this , clearly said it worked great with FFXI >.<! i guess ic ould try uninstalling >< , the patches and all would take near 4 hours to download so thats why i hesitate on that.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

the patches and all would take near 4 hours to download so thats why i hesitate on that.

Yeah if you haven't reinstalled it yet then I would do that. After a fresh reinstall and clean patches you will probably be in better shape.

Let me know if it works out.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
im not sure how files get corrupt though? has fresh game installs fixed things like that? since the errors dont happen right away... usually takes a few minutes in for it to happen

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

has fresh game installs fixed things like that?

Yes, sometimes they can do that but usually when they get corrupt they just crap out and don't work at all.
PS: To reduce the risk of getting corrupt files download from the game's main website or from a different file downloading site.

Edited by jackflash1991, 08 September 2007 - 11:02 AM.

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
alright ill uninstall and reinstall tonight >< stuff game up yesterday, and had to spend most of yesterday finding ID codes and stuff. sure hope this works :whistling:

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Once you have uninstalled the game completely it sometimes helps to even delete the actual folder it was in. C:\Program Files\"Game Folder".

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
wow!! COMPLETELY FIXED IT! thank you alot! omgosh! XD i nvr new the game was so pretty. you saved me a load of trouble, i love geeks to go!
you guys rock those guru3d people :whistling: and devhardware!

Edited by epics, 09 September 2007 - 05:06 PM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Nice! :whistling:

epics

epics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
lol god damni cant say how greatful i am, ive been so stressed out over this. how it should work and it has no reason it shouldnt. so many drivers, different cards >< gosh!