Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another SATA story

• Please log in to reply

karen58

karen58

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi, I have installed a Seagate SATA hard drive via a PCI host card. I have had all of the normal installation problems; but I now have the card & hard drive installed, the os installed on the first of 3 partitions. But now when I boot up the computer gets caught in a loop and won't start up Windows. I went through all of the windows installation, so I know it is there. During POST the (Vantec)PCI card & Hard drive are both recognized. I am using xp pro, sp2(updated), Gigabyte GA 81dx motherboard, 1.5gb RAM, 2.6 ghz. In BIOS I have the scii set to boot but I couldn't find anything to enable SATA in BIOS. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. :whistling:

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What sort of loop? Could you tell us what happens exactly? Also, did you have a "normal" xp installation (no interrupts, no files missing etc)?

You may have to run xp repair installation.