Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The entry point_ resetstkoflw...link library msvcrt.dll

• Please log in to reply

jsbach1v

jsbach1v

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a program called Sierra Architect that allow me to design, build and decorate homes. Up until recently the program ran, although not as well as when I had it installed on my former computer which had windows ME. Some features of the program did not perform well after I installed it on this computer which has windows XP.
Now when I double click the icon I get an error message that says; The entry point_ resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll
What does this mean and how do I fix it? :whistling:

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to reinstall the program. If, during installation, you get a repair option try to use it. If not, run the whole installation. Many old programs are either not supported at all or not running well on XP.

jsbach1v

jsbach1v

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the comment and advice..
I reinstalled it with the same results - nada!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to insert the xp installation cd to the drive, click Start > Run. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Let the process run to the end.