Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Like I suggested before you may download and run Firefox. You can download it on another computer and save it in a flash ram memory or burn it to a disk. Install it on the affected laptop and you will have an operable browser.

Edited by The Skeptic, 13 September 2007 - 11:14 PM.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
So~ Download the things you need on the machine you are using and put them on a CD. Put the CD in the Laptop and go from there. Then to post the log, work it the other way around. Put the log on a CD and transfer to the functional machine.

Be a good idea to install an alternative browser on the laptop to provide flexibility during the process.

Granmama

Granmama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks to all for your help. I have taken my laptop to a local computer repair person. I just did not have the time to keep jacking with it. I am sure that I will have other issues in the future that I will be calling on you all to help with. Thanks again.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. Sometimes taking it to the shop is the best choice.