Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Client Uploadable Files

• Please log in to reply

suzi_sunshine

suzi_sunshine

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,

I design websites using Dreamweaver MX and have intermediate experience. I have a new client in the plant nursery business for whom I am updating (redoing) a website. He wants to be able to perform a monthly update on his available products list. On his old site, he is presently using a table that is laboriously updated once-a-month using Netscape Navigator. I need assistance in finding a better way to allow him to update this information. A friend suggested using a form. The client wondered if he can use an Excel spreadsheet that he prints into a .pdf file for uploading. He wants the product list to appear in table or spreadsheet form on the webpage and also wants a link to a printable .pdf form of the same document.

He also wants a "Plant of the Month" photo in the bottom, right-hand corner of his home page that he can update on a monthly basis. Any ideas on how to accomplish this as well?

Thank you for your time!

~Suzi Sunshine~

Advertisements

adamdillon

adamdillon

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Try looking into contribute. You might have to use an older version sinse you are using mx, but it's really user friendly.

Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi Suzi Sunshine,

The best way forward might be to use an sql database, and then have the page "pull" the information from there.

For a basic set up, it's really simple to get started, and it's fully customisable aswell!

All you will need to do this is a server with an sql database, and then a table to contain the information.

This link should provide you with enough code to get you started:

http://www.w3schools...mysql_intro.asp

And then if you follow the PHP database tutorials (on the left) you should be there in no time!

Regards,
Anthony