Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont start/LCD reads "CPU INIT"

• Please log in to reply

NCPuddin

NCPuddin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
So i had a system built by a local store and have never had a problem with them. So i got a new computer built
8800gts
700 thermaltyke ps
660 intel quadcore
x2 1g ram(don't knoe specifics)
1 dvd burner
320 hd
new case
heat sink
striker extreme MB
etc.

Now i have the power, sound, mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected at the back. I then turn the main power switch on, and instantly get a message on the LCD at the back saying " CPU INIT". When i go to turn it on nothing happens.

Now is this a problem i could fix, or is this something i should let the techies fix.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Take it back to where you bought it from. This can be a sign of a duff processor, though any decent shop wouldn't have sent a PC out in that state, it should have been tested.

NCPuddin

NCPuddin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, i sorta fixed the problem. I tinkered a bit and reset the board and cmos switch. turns out the problem might actually be with the front power switch itself. I will still take it in, but i can turn it on, just have to open the side panel and turn it on with the motherboard....as odd as that sounds