Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iexplore.exe location

• Please log in to reply

FragGurr

FragGurr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am looking for the correct path for where iexplore.exe is supposed to live. I searched it on my puter...but have found it in numerous locations.

I know that it is supposed to be in C:\program files\internet explorer.....but is it supposed to be in C:windows\$hf_mig$\kb937143-ie7\sp2qfe..or any like that...

also C:\window\$ntservicepackuninstall$...or any of the service pack locations or

C:WINDOWS\Prefetch....c:\windows\ie7.....c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386

should the iexplore.exe be in any of these locations? I didnt want to type where they are all located...but if need be, i can and will type every location. Please someone help.

I just want to know if the iexplore.exe should be in any of these locations besides the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer

I am asking because whenever i pull up taskmgr there are sometimes 2 or 3 iexplore.exe running...and when one is closed...MEMOEA~1.EXE or BENDME~1.EXE pops up for a second and then is gone and another iexplore.exe is back.

I have done all the adware and spybot and all them except for hijackthis......please please help.

thanks in advance.

Edited by FragGurr, 08 September 2007 - 01:44 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Internet Explorer 7 lives in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.

The other locations you've listed are uninstallation files should you need to uninstall IE7. Prefetch is normal Windows operation and doesn't contain any executable files.

FragGurr

FragGurr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok...location taken care of...can someone assist me on the MEMOEA~1.EXE and BENDME~1.EXE? Are they virus's? Are they bad? Like I said, when I close down one of the 2 or 3 iexplore.exe's one or both of those other EXE's shows up for just a few seconds.

Any advice will help. Also...If I uninstall iexplore...how do I re-install?

Thanks again.