Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Removing/Reinstalling Intervideo WinDVD8 Platinum

• Please log in to reply

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Recently I've been having trouble opening Windvd8 Platinum. It shows the splash screen then just hangs there. I've tried to uninstall it so that I can reinstall, but then I get the following messages:

First I click on 'remove' and it tells me: Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path. Unable to locate file WinDVD.msi.

I then click cancel and it gives me: Error: -1612 The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Then when i try to repair it instead of uninstalling it, it gives me the same messages as above.

I also tried running the install program again (which i got straight from Intervideo's site). It opens and runs the package just fine, splash screen opens. But THEN, I get this:

Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Action: DWUS_Schedule.C3A146F5_4B48_11D5_A819_00B0D0428C0C, location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateSerice\, command: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe

This is followed by a whole string of numbers and letters.

Any suggestions? I've tried running Registry Mechanic, Norton System Works (I hate Norton, but I was desperate), every single Adware, Spyware, Anti-virus test you can think of and no luck yet. HJT logs also show no actual errors and such. The Norton scan picked up an error in the WinDVD folder, but it can't repair it for some reason.

Edited by BlackHalo, 08 September 2007 - 06:12 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
See the pinned topic in this forums for "itunes". You need to download the microsoft MSI Cleanup Utility. install program and launch. look for windvd. click on it and then remove. after that you should be able to reinstall application.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Thanks, removed and reinstalled! :whistling: