Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dvd burner issues

• Please log in to reply

notechknowledge

notechknowledge

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I had purchased an external i/o magic dvd burner but didn't use it for months. Now that I try to use it I can't. Here's the deal - While the Device Manager recognizes the drive as an IDE dvd burner, My Computer only lists it as a cd burner. When I put a disc in the burner, my computer doesn't recognize it as a dvd, and seems to think it's invalid media. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
did you use it when you first got it? or did you get it and never used it?

sounds like it Could be a driver related problem, but does your computer already of a dvd drive in it? if not your computer has no dvd codecs, which could be the problem
http://www.free-code...ck_All_in_1.htm
i used these codecs, try installing these then update us :whistling: