Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Access

• Please log in to reply

Gumby©

Gumby©

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have an Access database with the following structure:
Title: Text
Question1: Number
(There's more 'numbers' but if I can get Question1 working I can get the rest working)

I use a form that allows me to select the 'Title' from a listbox and the 'Question1' field is selected from 5 radiobuttons that have a result from a numeric range from 1 to 5.

What I want to do is create a query (or if there is a better way to do it ... i.e., report) that will count the number of records that have a 1 or 2 or 3 etc. I want to be able to see how many 1's or 2's or 3's there are for question 1.

Any ideas?

Gumby©

Advertisements

Gumby©

Gumby©

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Never mind, I figured it out after several hours of googling (which it shouldn't have taken so long but I just didn't know how to key in the proper words for the search)..

The solution, the following expression in a query:

Total 5s: DCount("[Question 1]","Evaluations","[Question 1] = 5")

Of course the '5' will change to 4,3,2,1 and 0 to get the total picture for the question.

Gumby©

Guess I"m getting to be a better amateur geek.

Edited by Gumby©, 09 September 2007 - 03:21 PM.