Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can your computer run that game?

• Please log in to reply

freakwizard

freakwizard

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Hi,

it looks like Futuremark (company behind products like PCMark, 3DMark or Peacemaker) have new services similar to Can You run it? . It's called Game-o-meter and it's part of yougamers.com service. List of Games supported is available here.

From what i can see it's Java based and works similar to SystemRequirementsLab application. It runs on my Opera browser, so it should run on other browsers too. 

If mods would find this service interesting, maybe it's worth to add it to first post?

^This

I've been using YouGamers a lot more recently to test my computer for video game compatibility and I believe it is a lot more accurate than CanYouRunIt.com. At least it has been for me and my friends who use it as well.

Just my two cents. :D

Advertisements

Joshua666

Joshua666

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

I am also using http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/ - Can You Run IT
It's great thing. Now it is easy to see everything about your system regarding games! :D

Regards,
Joshua

davea0511

davea0511

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been less than impressed with either Can-You-Run-It (CYRI) or Game-o-meter (GOM). Reportedly CRYI isn't very accurate ... it apparently looks and sees what hardware you use, and compares that with what the software says it needs and then calculates the difference. Works in theory, but it is often wrong. GOM apparently is much more accurate as it runs in the background, and everytime you check out a new game it updates it's database with how well it ran on your system, but unfortunately because of that it doesn't have a very deep database and many programs simply don't have a database entry on GOM.

Finally, what I'd really like to do is simply type in the namebrand and model of each of my machines (or CPU/MB/Ram/Video/OS) and have it show a table of what games would run the best, which I can sort a number of different ways.

So ... I'm thinking of writing such an app. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

lukass

lukass

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey i got a trail version on an old ps1 game and having problems getting it to work on my lap top with vista can anyone help

Pookani

Pookani

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Can't play crysis haha.

Thunder7102

Thunder7102

GeekU Freshman

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thanks for this, but I highly doubt there is a game out for PC's that I cannot run. :3 Yes, that may very well be a challenge. What game has the most 'pull' to it these days? I run Crysis and Crysis 2 just fine with a perfect framerate.

ayush7891

ayush7891

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

Useful info..

Thanks.

Edgar Dimas

Edgar Dimas

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
boy i want to play tf2 but soemthing thats not past : CPU SPEED! the others component (like graphic card, ram, etc), can i upgrade this cpu speed?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I wouldn't put much trust in this site as it says I can't play BF3 and MW3 and I can with no problem even on high settings. :whistling:

Edgar Dimas

Edgar Dimas

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I wouldn't put much trust in this site as it says I can't play BF3 and MW3 and I can with no problem even on high settings. :whistling:

really? whats makes they said you cant run those games? (like cpu speed, vga card, or ram, and etc)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Video... I have a 1 gig ATI Radeon HD5670 card with 1 gig of memory on it.
I also have 8 gigs of system memory and a AMD Denali 3.4 ghz cpu. Not counting 2.5 tb worth of drive and a 1000 watt cpu.
Now where I am lacking to play any of the games? :whistling:

Nenei

Nenei

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Can my computer run The Sims 3?

Processor: Intel B820 1.70GhZ (Dual Core)
Video card: Intel HD Graphics
Memory: 3GB DDR3 Memory

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

FOR WINDOWS XP

2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

FOR WINDOWS VISTA

2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets under Windows, the game requires at least:

Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA 3-Series or above
2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
0.5 GB additional RAM

You are going to compare to which ever OS you have. Looking at the specs though it seems your cpu is not within minimum specs. Memory is good and your video card based on your description may be not enough.

Nenei

Nenei

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have Windows 7.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then you would use the Vista specs :thumbsup: