Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade My Computer

• Please log in to reply

deicidal_jimbo

deicidal_jimbo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Well iv'e had my computer for about 2 and a half years now , and i've never really been interested in playing computer games until i was bored during the summer and i bought a game and it didn't run smoothly. I got kind've mad , but i didn't wana deal with it so i just put the game away. Well now i want to start playing computer games , like any kind in general, im thinking of trying world of warcraft, or something along those lines but i doubt my computer will be able to run them. I wanted to know if someone can tell me what i need to buy for my computer so that i will be able to play those games, im gona put all the system information i have.

Posted Image
Posted Image

It would be nice if someone can tell me what hardware i should buy, im probably going to go to best buy as i dont really like to order stuff online. Hopefully you can help me :whistling:

Edit: i have a budget of around $1000 for spending

Edited by deicidal_jimbo, 09 September 2007 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The specs of this computer its not worth upgrading especially for playing something like World of Warcraft, you'd be better off buying/building a new one. Things have moved on since that was made.

Plus according to that report, your hard drive is dying anyway. Backup important stuff ASAP I reckon.

deicidal_jimbo

deicidal_jimbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok thhanks

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

im probably going to go to best buy as i dont really like to order stuff online.

Best Buy is great to just look around and be able to get a feel for things (like how a mouse feels) but you can get things for half the price online. If you are not to sure of how much you need to spend to be happy with your rig then try "TR's July 2007 system guide: Recommendations for building the right enthusiast's PCs": http://techreport.co...icles.x/12808/1
It gives some good recommendations for different kind of gamers. I would recommend the specs from "The Grand Experiment" for you on Page 4.

deicidal_jimbo

deicidal_jimbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

im probably going to go to best buy as i dont really like to order stuff online.

Best Buy is great to just look around and be able to get a feel for things (like how a mouse feels) but you can get things for half the price online. If you are not to sure of how much you need to spend to be happy with your rig then try "TR's July 2007 system guide: Recommendations for building the right enthusiast's PCs": http://techreport.co...icles.x/12808/1
It gives some good recommendations for different kind of gamers. I would recommend the specs from "The Grand Experiment" for you on Page 4.

thanks for the tips and wow i didnt know that i could save that much, ill read that asap , because to be honest i don't know how to build a computer

Edited by deicidal_jimbo, 09 September 2007 - 10:40 AM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
If you order a computer online the article is just kinda a guideline of what kinda things are needed to play a game well.

Best Buy is so much more expensive because they don't make any of the products that they have so the price is jacked up and they are a physical place so they have to pay bills for the building, staff, and products on display.