Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of death 0x00000024

• Please log in to reply

alestor666

alestor666

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
after using partion magic to add a partion to the computer on restart i now get the blue screen of death every time listed with the stop codes 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8234A0F8,0xC0000102,0x000000000) ive read through the stop error code thing on this site and havent been able to find any help about it as im told to run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption but i have no clue where to enter that i figured maybe ill just run the xp install disk on boot and format and re instal form that but when i tell it to boot from disk all i get is hit F1 to retry boot any ideas

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A stop 0x24 error can often be resolved by booting off an XP CD (you may need to change the boot seqeuence in your computer BIOS), going to the recovery console, logging on and typing "chkdsk /p /r" at the command prompt.

alestor666

alestor666

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Edit: nvm figured issue forgot computer only had a cd drive while trying to use dvd install disks

Edited by alestor666, 09 September 2007 - 07:19 PM.