Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista back up error 0x8007045D

• Please log in to reply

lewie

lewie

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi Guys:

Am beginning to think this laptop thing was a bad idea. Ive had the thing for a week. I'm trying to create a system restore disc (not on the partition) just in case. But it fails and I get the above error code.

As an aside, my IE did not work properly until I installed IE7 from my jump drive. Thought I'd mention it in case it was relevant.

Anyway, help would be appreciated.

S.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From a forum somewhere:

In some instances while attempting to run Windows Complete PC Backup the backup may fail with error code 0x8007045d (if you have automated your PC’s backup using Task Scheduler, you can find the error code using Windows Event Viewer). This particular problem, at least in my experiences, happens when Windows Complete PC Backup attempts to backup some portion(s) of System Recovery, whether it be a Restore Point or files backed up for Previous Versions.

To resolve this error you have to clear all System Recovery data from your computer. To do this, first right-click on Computer and click on ‘Properties’. Once System has opened click on ‘System protection’ located in the purple-ish bar on the left side of the window. This will open up the System Properties dialog. From there, uncheck the checkbox next to ‘Local Disk (C:)’ and click ‘Apply’. Doing this will cause a message box to appear confirming that you want to turn off System Restore, click on ‘Turn System Restore Off’ and then click ‘Apply’ once again.

After waiting a few moments, look to the right of ‘Local Disk (C:)’ under the column called ‘Most recent restore point’, it should say ‘None’. If you don’t see ‘None’, try waiting a few more minutes, depending on the number of Restore Points on your computer, it may take a few minutes to remove all the data. If you do see ‘None’, recheck ‘Local Disk (C:)’ and press ‘Apply’ to turn System Restore back on and for safeties sake, create a new Restore Point.

Try running your backup again, it should now complete without an error. If however it encounters another error, just delete the ‘WindowsImageBackup’ folder on the hard disk you selected to use as your backup device and try again.

lewie

lewie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Many thanks Neil Jones!

New laptop is now backed up.

BTW, I had same IE issue as Cian. I installed a copy of IE7 from a jump drive and that has solved my issues. Should I go back to the original or let sleeping dogs lie?

S.